About Red Carpet Society
The Red Carpet Society, Cornell’s overnight hosting program, began more than 23 years ago as a way to help prospective students learn more about Cornell from a student's perspective.
Each year, hundreds of prospective students are hosted by the Red Carpet Society. Although there is no formal schedule for overnight guests to follow, it is a great opportunity to experience student life by observing a class or two, sample cuisine in Cornell's award-winning eateries, and engaging with the campus community. We do our best to pair hosts and guests who share one or several academic or outside interests. Although an exact match may not be possible, visitors are encouraged to interact with a number of students while on campus.
What you need to do
- Request an overnight at least two weeks prior to your arrival date.
- Submit your completed and accurate Medical Authorization Form. This form is required to complete your overnight request. We cannot process your request until we receive this form.
- Receive and print your email confirmation.
- Several days before your visit, you’ll receive your host’s contact information.
- Contact your host directly to coordinate an on-campus meeting time and place.
- Review the Overnight Hosting Expectations.
Guests are confirmed on a first come, first served basis. If we are able to accommodate you on one of the hosting dates you have requested, we will provide you with your host's name and contact information. It is your responsibility to contact your host prior to arrival to arrange a time and place to meet on campus. While arrival times to and departure times from campus are flexible, please plan on spending some time on your own as your host’s commitment is typically from 5 p.m. to 9 a.m.
Contact the Red Carpet Society via email at email@example.com or phone at 607.255.3447.