Applicant Checklist Tips
- Agriculture and Life Sciences: SAT Subject Tests are not required
- Architecture, Art, and Planning: mathematics (any level), architecture only
- Arts and Sciences: two subjects of your choice
- Engineering: mathematics (any level) and a science
- Hotel Administration: mathematics (any level)
- Human Ecology: SAT Subject Tests are not required
- Industrial and Labor Relations: SAT Subject Tests are not required
Formal admission interviews are required for applicants to:
- The School of Hotel Administration: see www.hotelschool.cornell.edu or call 607.255.6376 to schedule an interview.
- The architecture program in the College of Architecture, Art, and Planning. Applicants to the art department are encouraged, though not required, to have an interview. Visit www.app.cornell.edu/admissions or call 607.255.4376 to schedule an interview.
Though Cornell offers applicants the opportunity to meet with Cornell alumni admissions ambassadors, formal interviews are not required, nor offered, for any other undergraduate programs.
Portfolios and/or design indexes are required as follows:
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Landscape architecture: portfolio required.
Send to Department of Landscape Architecture, Cornell University, 440 Kennedy Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853.
Architecture, Art, and Planning
Architecture: file portfolio (photographs, photocopies in notebook) required.
Art: file portfolio (slides and/or CD) required.
Send to Architecture, Art, and Planning Admission Office, Cornell University, 235 Sibley Dome, Ithaca, NY 14853-6701.
Design and environmental analysis: “DEA Challenge” required for all Design + Environmental Analysis applicants.
Fiber science and apparel design: design index required for apparel design, and fashion design management options; portfolio required for apparel design, and highly recommended for fashion design management.
Go to www.human.cornell.edu/admissions for guidelines and submission information.