Standardized Testing Requirements
Cornell University has suspended the SAT/ACT requirement for 2021 applicants.
SAT Subject Test Requirements by College/School
- Agriculture and Life Sciences: SAT Subject Tests not required
- Architecture, Art, and Planning: SAT Subject Tests not required
- Arts and Sciences: SAT Subject Tests not required
- Cornell SC Johnson College of Business—Applied Economics and Management: SAT Subject Tests not required
- Cornell SC Johnson College of Business—Hotel Administration: SAT Subject Tests not required
- Engineering: SAT Subject Tests are not required and will not be considered during the 2020 or 2021 admission cycles
- Human Ecology: SAT Subject Tests not required
- Industrial and Labor Relations: SAT Subject Tests not required
Additional Information About Standardized Testing
- Cornell has suspended the SAT/ACT testing requirement for 2021 applicants.
- Cornell University does not require the writing section on the SAT or ACT.
- Your SAT results will be superscored to combine your highest reading/writing and math sections.
- Your ACT composite will not be superscored.
- ACT scores may not be used to fulfill SAT Subject Test requirements.
- AP and IB scores may not be used to fulfill SAT Subject Test requirements, but we do ask that you report them if taken.
- All required scores must be officially reported to Cornell from the testing agency by our application deadline.
- Please note, if your application and application fee/fee waiver are submitted by the deadline, it is acceptable to have other supporting materials (transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, etc.) arrive shortly thereafter. It is best to ensure that all application materials are sent as close to the deadline as possible.
- Review the Freshman Admission Requirements page for additional information.