Your application must be postmarked by October 15 for spring 2017 transfer admission or by March 15 for fall 2017 transfer admission.
Please review the list below for more information about transferring to Cornell.
This section will give you 10 things you either need to know or do to apply for transfer. Then use our checklist to make sure you have all of the required elements together before submitting your transfer application. Want more detail? Download and print our detailed Transfer Application Instructions.
2. Basic Requirements
3. Choosing a College
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Engineering
- School of Hotel Administration
- College of Human Ecology
- School of Industrial and Labor Relations
*At the discretion of the admissions office, another college at Cornell may review your application if you are not offered admission to your primary-choice college.
4. Transfer Application
5. Cornell University Supplemental Information
6. Required Supporting Materials
In addition to the transfer application, Cornell requires submission of the following forms with your application. These forms can be submitted online, or by mail. Be sure to remind individuals writing recommendations for you to include your name and date of birth on all pages.
- Academic Evaluation (CA) or Professor Recommendation (UCA) - This form must be completed by one or more instructors who have taught you in a full-credit college course. A high school teacher’s recommendation should not take the place of a recommendation from one of your college instructors. This can be submitted online via the application site, or by mail.
- College Report - A dean, registrar, advisor, or other college official who has access to your academic and disciplinary records must complete this report. The form should be filled out as completely as possible by the official; the sections regarding academic standing and disciplinary record are required. We cannot review your application without a completed College Report. This is printed from your online application account, completed, and submitted by mail.
- Mid-Term Report - This form is completed by instructors whose courses you are enrolled in at the time of your application. If midterm grades are not available to submit with your application, the Mid-Term Report should be submitted as soon as possible when grades are available. If your college does not assign midterm grades, please speak with your professors and have them assess your current performance in class. This can be submitted online, or by mail.
Don’t forget to check with the undergraduate college or school to which you are applying for any additional required submissions. Without these required materials, your application will not be considered complete.
7. Official Transcripts
8. Standardized Test Scores
9. Application Fee
Please note that Cornell cannot process your transfer application without the $80 application fee or a transfer fee waiver. Remember that when you apply online, you must submit the application fee online, or you must mark the box indicating you are requesting a waiver.
*Transfer Fee Waiver
Cornell is proud to serve students from all economic backgrounds. If submitting our application fee would result in a financial hardship for your family, you can apply for an application fee waiver by following the instructions on the Common Application or Universal College Application AND submitting the NACAC Fee Waiver Form or a letter from a transfer advisor, the financial aid office at your current college/university, or a representative of a social service/community agency stating that the fee would cause financial hardship.
A. College of Architecture, Art, and Planning - an interview is required for architecture applicants and is strongly recommended for fine arts applicants. Use the AAP online interview request form or call 607.255.4376 to schedule an interview.
B. School of Hotel Administration - offers an interview. Details at https://www.hotelschool.cornell.edu/admissions/ugrad/