Tips on Applying
Here are some helpful tips to transfer to Cornell:
- Start early. Give yourself enough time before the application deadline to complete the application, supplement, and required supporting documents. Refer to the checklist.
- Know Cornell. Be sure to carefully review the information online about the college or school to which you’re applying. Understanding the college or school you want to attend will be a big help when writing your college interest essay.
- Write with purpose. Spend time on your essay and research the academic area(s) you’re applying to! Admission committees want to know that Cornell is a good fit for your academic interests…and that you are a good fit for them.
- Know the requirements. Review the required preparation for your intended major.
- Check email. Carefully type your email address on application materials. Make sure to check your email for important information and that your settings allow you to receive email from Cornell.
- Label pages. If mailing materials, pages can get separated, so include your full name and date of birth on each page mailed.
- Don't staple. For groupings of multiple pages, please use paper clips (do not staple).
- Make copies. After completing your application, save copies for yourself.
- Check status online. Set up your online application status account by following the instructions you will receive by email after submitting the application and fee or fee waiver.
- Click submit. When submitting your application online, be sure to click “Submit/Send” for both the application and the supplement.